Lamp Community ends homelessness of Los Angeles' most vulnerable individuals, primarily adults with mental illness, through a continuum of services and housing, enabling them to reach their highest level of self-sufficiency and community integration.
The Lodge Property Manager is responsible for managing Lamp’s Lodge building and promoting positive resident relations by demonstrating a friendly, fair, and consistent manner in all interactions. The Property Manager also leads the agency’s efforts in promoting safety compliance for members and staff across all sites. In addition, the Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and repairs for the Lodge Property, and will assist with similar tasks for other agency buildings and facilities to help ensure that Lamp operates clean, safe, and well-maintained facilities that meet industry and funding source standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Complete work orders, janitorial and maintenance services, and other capital improvements at the Lodge in coordination with maintenance staff and contracted individuals; expedite preparation of apartments for new residents
2. Perform inspection of and preventative maintenance/repair tasks for the Lodge monthly or as needed, including electrical, plumbing, and other essential systems and equipment, to minimize unplanned downtime, solve problems in a timely manner, and identify areas in need of improvement
3. Complete intake and lease up of new tenants including income, eligibility, and subsidy documentation; facilitate lease renewals and eligibility recertification with tenants, partners, and funding sources
4. Serve as the agency Safety Committee Chair: direct the safety committee, retain all safety-related documents, advise management on problem correction, schedule monthly safety meetings, follow-up on tasks assigned to committee members to ensure completion, and distribute meeting minutes
5. Maintain current, accurate tenant files, records of the condition of systems, incident reports, inspections, and other facilities-related paperwork; prepare monthly reports on facilities conditions, inspections, and work orders completed
6. Serve as agency liaison with and primary contact for outside agencies on safety matters; promote safety awareness and safe work practices across the agency; formulate and suggest agency-wide work safety standards, and collaborate with supervisors to enforce procedures consistently
7. Develop and maintain a Lamp property management manual, including policies and procedures for the use of supplies, equipment, and maintenance
8. Build rapport with residents and Lamp staff to increase resident integration in the community, successful retention of housing, and compliance with rules and regulations
9. Ensure that lease-ups and rent collections are completed in accordance with industry standards; as needed, collaborate with attorneys and complete required legal paperwork on matters relating to evictions
10. Coordinate move-ins and move-outs: inspect vacated units, prepare lists of items that need to be addressed
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Minimum two years’ related experience in real estate and/or property management
3. Minimum two years’ experience as a Facilities Maintenance Engineer in a commercial building, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
4. Able to perform commercial building maintenance including: plumbing, light construction and structure repair, routine electrical, preventative maintenance tasks, and problem diagnosis
5. Working knowledge of workplace safety and illness and injury prevention practices
6. Detail oriented with good time management, organizational, written, verbal, interpersonal, and computer skills
7. Able to learn quickly and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies and with minimal supervision
8. Self-starter with the ability to stay ahead of the curve and thrive in fast-paced work environment
9. Able to exercise good judgment to prevent and/ or to handle emergency situations
10. Current, valid California Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
Lamp is located in the Skid Row area of downtown and offers a competitive salary and benefits. Lamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and herein reiterates its policy of Equal Opportunity for all qualified individuals without distinction or discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran status, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected characteristic.
Please send salary history, cover letter, and resume to:
Lamp Community, Human Resources
526 San Pedro Street
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Please indicate "APARTMENT MANAGER" in the subject line.